Monday, June 1, 2009

Job Search -- June 1st

I wanted to update each of you on the status of my job search. First, I want to thank you for all that you have done to assist me in my job search. Your willingness to introduce me to others, your willingness to be alert to opportunities that I need to pursue, your encouragement, and your prayers are greatly appreciated. Second, you should know that I am actively "networking" every day. Most days are spent meeting people for coffee, breakfast, or lunch or in attending networking groups (I am up to seven groups). When I am not meeting people, I am on the phone or responding to job postings. Third, you should know that I am still "unemployed" and am interested in finding a job! Finally, you might be interested in knowing that I am actively working on three potential job opportunities. I will be traveling to Austin for a second interview (sometime in June) for the CIO position with the Texas Department of Public Safety. I will be traveling to the upper Midwest for a first interview in late June/early July. And I will very likely be traveling to St. Louis for a first interview later in the month.

Please keep me in mind as you go about your daily tasks in case you run across a contact or an opportunity that you believe I should follow-up with. Also, we greatly value your prayers for wisdom as we sort through the number of options and how they affect our marriage, our family, and our ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment