Sunday, March 1, 2009

Job Search Update -- March 1st

As I promised, I will be providing those who are interested weekly updates on my job search.

Accomplished Last Week
1) Completed Challenger Gray assessment study 2) Contacted 3 executive recruiters 3) Reconnected with Bud Culbertson, Frank Mrockza, and Betsy Burton 4) Researched Dallas-based PE firms 5) spoke with numerous vendor partners 6)spoke with numerous consulting partners 6) Ate lunch with Zale IT staff

This Coming Week
1)Speak with additional vendor/consulting partners 2) Reach out to additional executive recruiters (thanks Mary Ann) 3) Reach out to various SVP's of HR (thanks Mary Ann)4) Reach out to some additional ex-Zale employees (thanks Frank) 5) Publish a list of Dallas-based PE firms that I would like contact names 6)Meet with Challenger Gray 7) Meet with IBM 8) Attend Grant Thornton CIO Breakfast

Attitude
I am very upbeat. I am enjoying getting to meet new people and reestablish connections with former friends and co-workers. I can not express my gratitude to all those who are reaching out to assist me in my job search. Those that are helping are literally bending over backwards to assist. I am humbled.

Prayer Requests
Please pray that I will be wise in how I speak to those I meet with this week. Also pray that I will keep my priorities in order as I contemplate various job opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment