Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Job Search -- March 11th

It has been a very busy two weeks. First, I continue to reach out and talk to anybody and everybody who will talk to me -- past vendors, past consulting partners, former Zale employees, executive recruiters, etc. Second, I have been attending "networking" groups (e.g., Dallas Networking Group, TENG) and am finding them well worth my time. Third, I just completed my first two days of outplacement training. Those two days were invaluable. Mostly because I have been off the market for so long that I didn't know how to package and/or present myself. Kudos to my outstanding trainer, Fred Graf of Challenger, Gray, & Christmas. Finally, I just completed my first telephone interview for a CIO position. Thanks to Fred, it went extremely well. It is possible that I will hear if I am a finalist by next week -- which would not be bad given that they had 400 applications for the position! The rest of this week and most of next week will be given over to networking breakfast, coffees, and lunches. I appreciate greatly the support all of my friends have provided in the form of encouragement, prayer, and job leads. Please keep it up. It is a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment