Saturday, May 16, 2009

Job Search -- May 16th

It appears that a couple of job opportunities are beginning to "solidify." I had what appeared to be a good interview for a job in Austin this past Friday. I will be given feedback this coming week and expect to be invited to Austin for a second round of interviews in early June. A friend of mine is close to landing a job with a company that has an open "CIO-like" position. If he lands there, there is a good possibility that I will be considered seriously for that open "CIO-like" position. Like the Austin-based job, I should know more about this second opportunity in the next 2 weeks.

Other than these two opportunities, I continue to expand my network and find outstanding contacts that lead to other contacts that .... (you get the idea). If these two aforementioned job opportunities fail to materialize, I will be expanding my networking heavily into the "contract" or "interim" world of IT. There is a lot of interest in utilizing my experience on a short-term basis. It may mean becoming a "road warrior" but it would allow the family to remain in Prosper and it would bring in income while the full-time job market languishes.

Thank you for your support -- prayers and passing along network contacts. It is a great encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. We continue to pray for your family. I hope the wedding went well and that your daughter had a great time meeting everyone.

    ReplyDelete